Reels are more popular than ever on Instagram…. But what should you do or not do? We show you the Do’s & Don’ts of Instagram Reels.
Reels are short videos of 15 to 30 seconds that you can create and edit in Instagram. These videos can be found on your timeline, feed and explore page. Reels are often compared to TikTok videos because they are both short and often contain music, text and humor.
According to Instagram, as a brand or influencer, it is best to post Reels that:
1. Be entertaining (e.g., grab attention, make people laugh, or have a nice surprise or twist). 🕺
2. Inspire (e.g., start a trend that others can easily join). ✨
3. Contain creative communication tools, such as text, filters or camera effects. 💡
4. Verticaal zijn. 📼
5. Contain music from the Instagram music library and/or original audio you create or find on Reels. 🎶
6. Be experimental (e.g., use something new and see what suits you or your brand). 🆕
On the other hand, Instagram does not recommend posting Reels that:
1. Being out of focus due to low resolution. 🎥
2. Watermarks of other logos include. 💧
3. Are uploaded with a border around it. ⚠️
4. Failure to comply with Instagram’s Community Guidelines. 🙌
By following these Do’s and Don’ts of Instagram Reels, you stand a better chance of hacking the algorithm, reaching new audiences and increasing your follower count!